Spice-Rubbed Pork Ribs with Honey-Lime-Chipotle Glaze
SPICE-RUBBED PORK RIBS WITH HONEY-LIME-CHIPOTLE GLAZE
4 racks pork loin back (baby back) ribs, fat trimmed
6 tbsp chili-cumin spice rub (see below)
1 1/3 cups honey-lime-chipotle glaze (see below)
Chili-cumin spice rub
3 tbsp ground chili powder
3 tbsp coarse salt
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 cup clear honey
6 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp minced canned chipotle chiles or hot chile flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together spice rub ingredients. Rinse ribs, pat dry, and rub spice mixture liberally over meat.
3. Line two 12- by 17-inch baking pans with foil. Set a wire rack in each and lightly coat with oil cooking spray. Place ribs, meat side up, in a single layer on the racks.
4. Bake until ribs are lightly browned on top, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Turn each meat rack over and switch pan positions. Continue baking until ribs are browned, 20 to 30 additional minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk well.
6. Remove ribs from oven and brush generously with glaze. Return to oven and continue baking, basting occasionally, until glaze is browned and bubbling, approximately 6 to 12 minutes.
7. Turn ribs over and brush generously with more glaze. Bake, basting occasionally, until glaze is browned and meat between ribs is not longer pink in the center (cut to test).
8. Transfer ribs to a wooden cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut between ribs to serve.