Orange Cheesecake Tart with Roasted Plums
ORANGE CHEESECAKE TART WITH ROASTED PLUMS
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
9 tbsp cold butter, chopped
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp iced water
18 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
2/3 cup finely granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp plain flour
1/4 cup orange juice
8 small red or black plums, quartered
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Grease a rectangular (19cm x 27cm) or circular (26cm) loose-based flan tin.
2. To make crust, process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and iced water; pulse until ingredients come together. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll chilled dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin; press into sides, trim edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice; place on oven tray. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake 10 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly. Cool.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees Celsius/325 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. To make filling, beat cream cheese, rind and sugar in the medium bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth.
8. Pour filling into cooled crust and bake for 50 minutes. Cool tart, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
9. To make topping, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius. Place quartered plums in a single layer on a baking tray; sprinkle with juice and sugar. Roast plums for 20 minutes or until soft. Cool.
10. Serve tart topped with roasted plums.